Alipur Shah Suja Mosque & Alamgir Mosque – Tourism Info

Welcome to

  • facebook
  • twitter
  • instagram
  • youtube
  • flickr

Alipur Shah Suja Mosque & Alamgir Mosque

These two mosques are located on the opposite bank and the south bank of the dighi of Chowdhury Bari in the village of Aulipur in Hajiganj upazila. The smaller Shah Suja mosque was built in 1656 by Shah Suja, the second son of the Emperor Shahjahan. In front of the mosque there lie a large pond and an Eidgah. They have lost their original shape due to the recent reformation. The bigger Shahi mosque with five domes also called Alamgir Mosque was built by Emperor Aurangzeb during the years 1692-93. This is a triangular mosque without veranda and windows. On the south side of the Edgah, there lie 4 shrines of saints.

For site suggestions and errors, please contact info@tourisminfobd.com