Ancient Mosque in Bhadughar Village, Brahmanbaria – Tourism Info

Welcome to

  • facebook
  • twitter
  • instagram
  • youtube
  • flickr

Ancient Mosque in Bhadughar Village, Brahmanbaria

The Bhadughar Mosque is located at a little distance away on the east of the rail line of Brahmanbaria Sadar upazila. This one-domed mosque was built in the period 1657-1658 by some Noor Mohammed during the rule of Emperor Alamgir. The mosque with octagonal minarets has three mehrabs (niches) on the west wall inside the mosque. Once the mehrabs (niches) were beautifully ornamented but due to frequent reformations and plaster the beauty has to a great extent faded. At present it is locally better known as Shahi Mosque.

For site suggestions and errors, please contact info@tourisminfobd.com