Historical, archeological, natural, religious and cultural spots
01. Alipur Shah Suja Masjid (mosque) and Alamgir Masjid (mosque)
These two mosques are located on the opposite bank and the south bank of the Dighi of Chowdhury Bari in the village of Aulipur in Hajiganj Upazila. The smaller Shah Suja mosque was built in 1656 by Shah Suja, the second son of the Emperor Shajahan. In front of the mosque there lie a large pond and an Eidgha. They have lost their original shape due to the recent reformation. The bigger Shahi mosque with five domes also called Alamgir Mosque was built by Emperor Aurangzeb during the years 1692-93. This is a triangular mosque without veranda and windows. On the south side of the Edgha, there lie 4 shrines of saints.
02. Shahrasti Mazar
Shahrasti Upazila was formed on March 13, 1978 after the name of the great spiritual votary Hazrat Rasti Shah (R), one of the important companions of Hazrat Shahjalal (R). During the rule of Sultan Shamsuddin Feroze Shah, Rasti Shah with his companions came to preach Islam in Comilla and Noakhali areas and set up an abode/ hermitage near Kalibari in Shreepur, which is also known as Shahrasti Mazar.
03. Sahebganj-er-Neelkuthi (indigo factory)
The historic Neelkuti (indigo factory) is located at Sahebganj 7 kilometers away from Faridganj Upazila. It still today bears the testimony of the oppression of the indigo planters. The plan of this historic village and, roads and highways, canals that drain away water, metal made culverts, old buildings, and the various relics of jails, old brick-built houses, and various relics testify that the European and the Dutch merchants/ traders developed it as an indigo farm for plantation. Then the European merchants collected some tailors who made loose dresses and dyed them in different colous, and then exported to foreign countries. Since then these foreign tailors had settled here permanently. Later on two Christian Zamindars Wariot and George Charles constructed a good number of roads for the development of this area.
04. Lohagarer Moth (monastery)
This monastery in the village ‘Lohagar’ one and a half kilometers away from Chandra Bazar of Faridganj Upazila still survives as a legendary witness. This village was named Lohagar after the names of two brothers ‘Loha’ and ‘Gahar’ of a powerful Zamaindar family. They built this high monastery to identify the location of their house on the bank of the river Dakatia. As a mark of their financial ability, they set up a gold-pole on the top of the monastery. It is said that the pole of gold weighed about two and a half maunds. The remains of the Zamindar houses of these two brothers still exist. Here the underground hallow is still existing and the monastery remains erect. Three more monasteries after the name of the son of Gonesh Babu lie by the side of this monastery.
05. Zamindar Bari of Rupsa
The history of the traditional Zamindar family is connected/ associated with the glorious history of the Rupsa village 5 kilometers away from Faridganj. In the early part of 19th century, Mohammed Ali Gazi founded this Zamindar family. In real meaning, Ahmed Gazi the able son of Mohammed Gazi proved himself through social welfare activities as a social welfare worker. Bounty and charity were the traits of his character. He gave a lot of land as charitable grant for the social welfare activities especially for Muslim religious purposes. Of his charitable grant of land for Muslim religious purposes, the Dighi of Lautali deserves mention. He founded a good number of schools and madrasas. He was very religious minded. He gave grants generously and bounteously for propagation and expansion of Islam. The ancient Jami mosque at Rupsa was founded by him. From the philanthropic-activities point of view, the the Chaudhury Mosque and the Choudhury Ghatla of Chandpur are the unique instances of the Zamindar Bari of Rupsa.
06. Mehar Ali Bari
Mehar Ali Bari at Shahrasiti Upzila is an ancient place of pilgrimage.
07. Dewara Moth
This Moth (monastery) was built by a rich man Satta Roy Majumder in 1792 in the village Neora 8 kilometers on the east, east-south from the Sadar Upazila of Hajiganj
08. Das Mahabiddya Pithsthan
The biggest place of pilgrimage of the Hindus of the subcontinent.
09. Tulatuli Jatramondir Moth
This monastery at Tulatal village under Kachua Upazila was built in late 18th century by one moneyed man Jatramoni Majumder.
10. Local Tradition, Festivals and Entertainment
Various melas (fairs) are held in different places of Chandpur throughout the year. Every year in July on the occasion of Rathjatra (the Hindu festival of Jagannatha going in a chariot for a sea bath) of the Hindu community fair takes place on the historical temple yard of Meheron Radha Krisna at Matlab. Besides, melas (fairs) are held on the yard of the shrine of Langta Baba (Solaman Shah) of Matlalb Uttar Upazila during 18-20 Bangla Bhadra, and 15-22 Bangla Chaitra months. In the month of Poush Meher Kalibari Mela is held in Shahrasta Sadar Upazila. On 2 Baishakh, the traditional Mela is held in the Austar Bazar adjacent to Austar Mahamaya Prangoan and temple. In the fairs indigenous fruits, sweets, earthen dolls, utensils, handiwork etc. are sold.
A pleasure trip by boat in Chandpur located in the estuary/confluence of the Meghna and the Padma, is very attractive. Here the sight of various boats and the rowing / navigation of boats, catching hilsha fish with nets, and the sunset view on the river in the afternoon are matchless. Besides, thousands of tourists visit the Satnal Tourist Centre everyday.