Temple of Gopinath Jiu – Tourism Info

Welcome to

  • facebook
  • twitter
  • instagram
  • youtube
  • flickr

Temple of Gopinath Jiu

This Mandir (temple) was built in 1900 by the contribution of the local businessmen on the land donated by Maharaja Promoth Bhusan of Naldanga in Jessore district. In commemoration of his wife, Maharaja Promoth Bhusan Dev introduced Rother Mela (a fair held on the occasion of the festival of Jaganatha going on a chariot for a sea bath) at this place. A fabulous businessman Makhan Roy in 1913 made a very large brass-made chariot which was inlaid with magnificent ornamental work and which was the only chariot in entire India.

For site suggestions and errors, please contact info@tourisminfobd.com